Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Two is Better Than One

Lucky for me (and the hubby too!), there are many thrift stores/antique malls/hotel liquidation places to visit in Middle Georgia when you need to find things on the cheap. This past weekend my mom and I went to Forsyth, Ga to visit the hotel liquidation store there. This is a great place to find lamps, picture frames, and mirrors. This was my original purpose in visiting the store. We have a library/office that has absolutely NO overhead light fixture, so it is very dark. I wanted to see if I could find some lamps to fix that problem. I ended up coming home with no lamps. I did come home with a HUGE mirror.


Please, don't mind the mess in the background. We just moved in five days ago. Wow!! It feels like much longer than that. I guess we have been having a pretty busy five days with painting the kitchen cabinets. More on that update as soon as we finish. 

I also got a really ugly full of potential coffee table. My plan at the moment is to re-purpose it as an ottoman. This was a huge find for only $10. Even though it's not the most attractive table, it's super sturdy and will make a nice additional seating/foot rest. 


Of course, my favorite find of the day were these two plaid chairs. I didn't see any others in the place, which is very unusual. This is a hotel liquidation store that buys furniture from hotels who are either going out of business or remodeling, so they receive many of the same things. Naturally, as soon as I saw them it was LOVE!! I had to have them. I was a little worried about what the hubster would think of these chairs, but I gave them the butt test, and they were not only really awesome looking, but they also felt really awesome. 


I even love the fabric. Now, these will eventually have to be reupholstered. I either need to save up to have a professional do it, or get up the confidence to do it myself. It will probably be the latter. It would be so cool to say, "hey, I reupholstered those babies!" I might not have needed two, but they were the only two left and I didn't want them to be lonely without the other one. And lets face it, two is always better than one!

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention that the chairs were a great buy at $49 each! They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too true!! I think I might have been in a hurry with dinner going on, and clearly wasn't thinking straight.

    ReplyDelete